guests count

website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

" Nobody is going to be my successor. I want everybody to be a master unto himself. " - Osho


Osho talks about the continuation of his work:

Nobody is going to be asuccessor to me.

The very idea of succeeding was an idea borrowed from theroyal families.
Just as kings were succeeded by their eldest sons,
it reflected on the tradition of masters also
that somebody would become their successor.
I want to make a completebreak.

As far as I am concerned, you are all intimate to me.

I can afford the intimacy of all of you,
because there is no question of any succeeding.

Nobody is going to be my successor.

I want everybody to be a master unto himself.

To be a successor is a littlehumiliating.

It is against the dignity of an enlightened man.

Neither has he anybody before him as his predecessor
nor has he anybody after him who is his successor.

He is alone, standing like an Everest;
no one precedes him, no one succeeds him.

His aloneness is a message to all who fall in love with him,
that they also have to be alone.

In your aloneness you are beautiful, pure.

It does not mean that you have to renounce the world.

It simply means that you don't have to belong to the world.

You can remain in the marketplace,
but just be a mirror, a witness, watching whatever is going on.

But traditionally they never understood that
it is against the freedom of the individual to be a successor.

It makes a spiritual experience almost like a treasury or a kingdom.

It is neither. Nobody can succeed.

Everybody has to be on his own,
and that independence and the taste of that independence is so valuable that
I want to bring a new kind of master and a new kind of disciple into the world.

They are intimate in their love,
in their trust, but they are not bound in any way--
by any thread, visible or invisible.

The master is himself, the disciple is also himself.

And the function of the master is to prove to the disciple
that to be oneself is the greatest glory in the world,
the most splendorous thing.

You have often said you will have no successors.
But won't all those who love you be your successors in that
we carry you in our blood and bones and so you are part of us forever?

Osho:

The concept of the successoris bureaucratic.

The very idea of succession is not the right idea in the world of consciousness.

That's why I have said, I will not have successors.

But you are right in saying that you will carry in your bones and in your blood mylove, my insight.

But don't use the word 'successor', rather use the words 'you will be me'.

Why be so far away, a successor, when you can be me?

Be so empty that I can make a home in you,
that your emptiness can absorb my emptiness,
that your heart can have the same dance as my heart.

It is not succession; it is transmission.

The very idea of succession is political.

Only one person can be a successor, so there is bound to becompetition, ambition.

There is bound to be a subtle struggle to be closer to the master, to force others away.

It may not be on the surface but,
underneath,the problem will remain in the disciples:

"Who is going to be thesuccessor?"

I destroy the whole conception.

Every disciple who has loved has become one with the master.

There is no need of any competition, nor one successor.

It is for everybodywho has offered himself in deep gratitude,
who has become one in a certain sense with the master's presence.

There is no need of any competition.

Thousands can have the same experience, millions can have the same experience.

To avoid politics in religion,I have said that I will not have successors.
I want religion to be absolutely devoid of ambition, competition,
being higher than another, putting everybody lower than oneself.

With me you are all equal.

And I trust and love you, thatyou will prove this equality.

In equals there is no competition; there is acombined effort.

You will all carry my message,
but nobody will be higher orlower,
nobody will be a successor.

All will be my lovers and they will carryme....

If the disciple loves the master, if there is trust,
and trust founded on experience,
he will carry spontaneously the master's message.

There is no need to say anything,
he will be his master's message.

This always happens:

when I say something,
I create two groups of people around me.

One group will be exoteric.

They will organize,
they will do many things concerned with society,
with the world that is without;

they will help preserve whatsoever I am saying.

The other group will be more concerned with the inner world.

Sooner or later the two groups are bound to come in conflict
with one another because their emphasis is different.

The inner group, the esoteric mind,
is concerned with something quite different from the exoteric group.

And, ultimately, the outer group will win, because they can work as a group.

The esoteric ones cannot workas a group; they go on working as individuals.

When one individual is lost,something is lost forever.

This happens with every teacher.

Ultimately the outer group becomes more and more influential;
it becomes an establishment.

The first thing an establishment has to do is to kill its own esoteric part,
because the esoteric group is always a disturbance.

Because of "heresy," Christianity has been destroying all that isesoteric.

And now the pope is at theopposite extreme to Jesus:
this is the ultimate schism between the exoteric andthe esoteric.

The pope is more like the priests who crucified Jesus than like Jesus himself.

If Jesus comes again, he will be crucified in Rome this time--by the Vatican.

The Vaticanis the exoteric, organizational part, the establishment.

These are intrinsic problems--they happen, and you cannot do anything about it.

Around you a community is created and with it the seeds of establishment.

That's true!

Whenever there is communion there will be a community.

It cannot be avoided--and there is no need to avoid it.

I invite it!

I have invited you all.

I have called you all to be with me,
to share the joy that I have found, to share the truth.

But there is no establishment.

Establishment happens only when the Master is dead.

Establishment is when the community no longer has any center, only a circumference.

A dead community is what an establishment is.

I know that whenever a community is born, sooner or later there will be anestablishment,
but that does not mean that the community has to be prevented from being born.

That will be like killing a child because if the child survives
then sooner or later he will have to die--
so better kill him now.

Why let him live just to die?

Everybody knows that everybody is going to die;
that does not mean that every child has to be killed.

When death comes it is perfectly okay.

The only thing to be remembered is that when the Master is dead,
the community should start dispersing;
it should start seeking and searching for new Masters.

Either the Master will leave many Masters behind him, alive, enlightened...
then the community can stil lremain a community, it will not become an establishment.

If one enlightened person is there then the community is still a community;
it does not matter who the enlightened person is.

And I can assure you that I am going to leave
many more enlightened people in my commune than has ever beend one before.

You asked me what I am thinking about these people after I am gone.

I am not even thinking now, when Iam here.

I am giving them total freedom.

I have not enforced anything on them that will make me afraid that
once I am gone these celibates are going to create trouble.

I have not repressed anything.

If they want to smoke,
I tell them to smoke the best cigar possible--
don't go for anything second rate.

If you want to love,
find out the best man, the best woman,
and go into it as totally as possible.

I am in support of expression and all the so-called religions were in support of repression.

When you repress people you are certainly afraid that when you are gone there is going to be chaos.

That problem does not exist for me.

When I am gone there is going to be no chaos
because chaos was all thatI have been training my people for.

My commune is a chaos and yet a very organic chaos,
a very creative chaos, a chaos out of which stars are born.

That's why that kind of question becomes very difficult for me to answer.

I am not giving them any discipline, any rules of conduct.

I am simply teaching them to be aware, alert, to be independent.

Take your responsibility and do whatsoever you want to do.

Don't bother about Moses, or Jesus, or Buddha, or me.

Jesus lived his way; he never bothered about others.

If he had bothered about others; the Jews would never have crucified him.

Buddha never bothered about anybody.

I don't accept anybody as my master or my leader.

I am nobody's shadow, nobody's carbon copy,
and that's what I am teaching to my people:
Don't be anybody's carbon copy,including me.

So, alive, dance with me,rejoice with me.

When I am gone continue to dance and rejoice
in remembrance ofa man who gave you freedom,
who gave you individuality.

What else is there to bother about the future?

Wherever I am--
somewhere I must be--
I will go on showering my love on my people and
I know they will find ways to respond.

But that is something very private;
I cannot reveal it to a non-sannyasin.

I would like that what I am doing is not lost.

So I am trying in every possible way to drop all those things
which in the past have been barriers for the revolution to continue and grow.

I don't want anybody to stand between the individual and existence.

No prayer, no priest...
you alone are enough to face the sunrise,
you don't needsomebody to interpret for you what a beautiful sunrise it is....

And this is my attitude:

you are here, every individual is here, the whole existence is available.

All that you need is just to be silent and listen to existence.

There is no need of any religion,
there is no need of any God,
there is no need of any priesthood,
there is no need of any organization.

I trust in the individual categorically.

Nobody up to now has trusted in the individual in such a way.

So all things can be removed.

Now all that has been left to you is a state of meditation which simply means astate of utter silence.

The word meditation makes it look heavier.

It is better to call it just a simple,
innocent silence and existence opens all its beauties to you.

And as it goes on growing you go on growing,
and there comes a moment when you have reached the very peak of your potentiality--
you can call it Buddhahood,
enlightenment,
bhagwatta,
godliness,
whatever...

it has no name, so any name will do.

love,
anand vikas.
+91 9703939628.

No comments:

Post a Comment